About 40 of our friends stopped by with plenty of beer to share. We glass etched some beer tasting glasses to use throughout the night as well as for party favors. There was also non-alcoholic apple cider, sparkling water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
For food, it was my usual make half/buy half:
- Pumpkin fondue from Epicurious
- Mini margherita pizzas adapted from Tablespoon
- Queso for dipping pretzel bites and tater tots from Twin Dragonfly Designs. It turns out much better coming from a campfire rather than from cooking on the stovetop.
- Pumpkin cookies from Martha Stewart
- Glazed pecans from AllRecipes
- Sausages (Italian, bockwurst, chicken apple, chicken pesto, veggie apple, veggie chipotle) with sauerkraut, sauteed peppers, and grilled onions as toppings
- Chips and salsa
- Crudites with hummus
- Chocolate-dipped gingerbread cookies and donut holes
- Mini brownies and coffee cakes
There was also ornament decorating. At first, people were not really into it, but once the beer was flowing, we ended up with over 15 new ornaments for our tree. 🙂
It was a great turnout and fun mixing in our friends. I’m looking forward to hosting more LinMar celebrations!